The Department of Strategic Management and Globalization (SMG) at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is currently advertising two associate professor positions in strategic and international management, with an application deadline of Friday 2 September 2016. The Associate Professorship will involve research and teaching within the area of Strategic and International Management, active efforts at obtaining research funding, as well as collaboration with the business community. Full detail is available here: http://www.cbs.dk/en/about-cbs/jobs-cbs/vacant-positions/two-associate-professorships-in-strategic-and-international-management. You must apply through the website, not directly to the Head of Department.
SMG employs an international group of 15 full-time faculty members, as well as several part-timers and PhD students. The core research and teaching area of the Department is strategic and international management. This includes themes like the creation and implementation of global strategies, HQ-subsidiary relations, offshoring and internationalization of firms, the role of individuals and teams in knowledge-based competitive advantage, strategic entrepreneurship, strategic alliances, and the impact of informal and formal structures on firm performance and innovation. Over the past five years CBS ranks 20th in the world for research output published in Strategic Management Journal and 1st in the world for research output published in Journal of International Business Studies, the leading specialist outlets in SMG’s domain. SMG faculty have received many research awards from the AoM, AIB, and SMS. They also serve in various governance roles in these organizations and in editor and editorial board roles at leading journals. SMG faculty teach core and elective courses in strategic and international management at all levels, including bachelors, masters, PhD, and (executive) MBA programs, and the department is strongly committed to course development and innovative teaching. The quality standard of teaching at the department is high.
To fulfill the research and teaching requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and to actively participate in the daily life of the Department.
• Undertaking individual and group based research that meets high international standards and helps with the development of the relevant academic discipline
• Undertaking research-based teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
• Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
• Initiating, fund raising for and coordinating research projects
• Improving and promoting the teaching and research capabilities of CBS
• Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
• Communicating research insights to the wider public and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
• Active participation in regular research activities, such as departmental research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
• Advanced degree in an appropriate field
• Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level
• Documented research production at a high international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
Applicants without appropriate teaching experience will be appointed on a probationary period of up to 1½ years.
CBS has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Professor Michael Mol, e-mail: [log in to unmask]. Information about the department may be found at http://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-strategic-management-and-globalization.
Dr. Michael J. Mol
Professor of Strategic and International Management
Head of Department
Department of Strategic Management and Globalization
Copenhagen Business School