*** Sorry for any cross-postings! ***
10th International Research Workshop "Methods for PhD"
Akademie Sankelmark (near Flensburg), Germany & University of Southern Denmark, Campus Kolding
September 25 - 30, 2016
Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts.
Our workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews or surveys and
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
The regular workshop fee is 449 Euro. It covers the participation in three courses, meals and accommodation. The workshop fee is 289 Euro without accommodation (only three courses and meals are included).
We are offering up to three funded scholarships to support refugee postgraduate students from Germany. Full details including eligibility criteria and how to apply for a scholarship can be found on the workshop website.
It is possible to get a certificate on 5 credit points (according to the European Credit Transfer System).
The following courses will be offered:
Parallel morning session 1 (26-28 September 2016):
- Data Analysis with R
- Data Analysis with Stata
- Grounded Theory
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Developing Theoretical Contributions
Parallel afternoon session 2 (26-28 September 2016):
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA)
- Case Study Research
- Introduction to the German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) and Applied Survival Analysis
- Analyzing Panel and Spatial Data
- Questionnaire Design
Parallel session at the SDU (30 September 2016):
- Academic English Writing (fully booked)
- Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modelling and Its Applications to Policy Impact Analysis
- Introduction to Social Network Analysis
- Reproducible Research with R and RStudio
- Analysis of Qualitative Data and Exploratory Statistics (fully booked)
PLEASE note that the number of participants is limited to 20 persons per course!
The International Research Workshop is organised by
- Prof. Dr. Wenzel Matiaske, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of Federal Armed Forces and Research Professor at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Simon Fietze, University of Southern Denmark, Campus Sønderborg
- Dr. Heiko Stüber, Institute for Employment Research (IAB), The Research Institute of the Federal Employment Agency in Nuremberg
The workshop is supported by
- University of Southern Denmark, Department of Entrepreneurship and Relationship Management
- University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics
- University of Flensburg
- University of Hamburg, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- University of Hamburg, School of Business
- Leuphana University Lüneburg, Faculty of Economics
- Werkstatt für Personal- und Organisationsforschung e.V.
- German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) at the DIW Berlin
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
T +45 6550 1748
[log in to unmask]
Syddansk Universitet/University of Southern Denmark
Institut for Marketing og Management/Department of Marketing and Management
Alsion 2, A2