Dear Colleagues,

Due to several requests from colleagues (especially those from countries
outside our core network and mailing lists, who only recently learnt about
the CFP), we have decided to extend the submission deadline to June 24,
2016.

For those that submitted before the deadline, we will start sending
acceptance letters from June 1.

We would appreciate it if you could circulate the attached call within your
network. We especially look forward to welcoming doctoral candidates and
faculty new to the field of international business/management. A special
paper development workshop would be led by distinguished scholars:

Prof. Elizabeth Rose I Professor & Associate Dean I University of Otago,
New Zealand

Prof Lilac Nachum I Professor I Baruch, City University of New York

Prof. Yaw Debrah I Professor I Swansea University, UK

Prof. Amon Chizema I Associate Editor, AJOM I University of Birmingham, UK

Dr. Nathaniel Boso I  Associate Editor, IMR I University of Leeds, UK

We'll be providing registration fee waivers to several doctoral candidates
and scholars from low-income African countries. For more information about
this, please contact Michael at: [log in to unmask]

Best regards,

Ifedapo Adeleye

Cc

Prof. Abel Kinoti, Bcom, MBA, Dcom, FHEA-UK

Dean, School of Business/Chair Academy of International Business, Sub
Saharan Africa

Riara University

P.O. Box 49940-00100

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel : +254-703 038 420/703 038 421/703 038 000

Fax: +254-20-252-5789

Cell: +254- 733-722-479

*Call for Papers **I** The AIB SSA 2016 Conference **I ** Lagos, Nigeria*

*Extended Submission Deadline: June 24, 2016*

The persisting global economic slowdown has posed several challenges for
the Sub-Saharan Africa region. With plunging oil and commodity prices and
China’s economic woes, there is a fierce debate on whether the robust
economic growth recorded over the past decade is over. There is now a sense
of urgency in diversifying economies, and advancing manufacturing and
industrialization. Competitiveness in global markets is essential to
achieving these goals. Unfortunately, Africa trails the rest of the world
in competitiveness: 15 out of the 20 least competitive economies in the
World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index are from the region. To
increase our understanding of competitiveness in the African context, the
2016 conference welcomes conceptual and empirical papers and cases that
shed light on product, firm, industry, city, national, sub-regional, and
regional competitiveness. Submissions should offer insights and fresh
perspectives on how firms in the region can offer quality products, enhance
their capabilities to develop human capital, and improve their processes.

 *We also welcome submissions that address wider international business and
management agendas and geographical contexts*.

The conference will also consider original competitive papers, interactive
papers, panels and teaching cases for the following tracks:

§  Location Competitiveness: Industry, City, National, Sub-regional &
Regional

§  Public Policy (e.g., Innovation, Cluster Development, Regional
Development)

§  Product & Firm Competitiveness

§  Entrepreneurship, SMEs & Informal Exporting

§  FDI, Global Value Chains & the Geography of IB

§  Human Resources, Culture & Language in International Business

§  Marketing & Consumers in International Business

§  Sustainability, Responsible Leadership & Governance of Natural Resources

§  Economic Diplomacy & Institutional & Political Environment of IB

§  Finance, Accounting & Economics

§ General Track: International Business & Management

*JIBS Paper Development Workshop*

*Teaching International Business Mini-Workshop*

*Publication Opportunities!!!*

—    All accepted conference papers will be published as an abstract
in the *2016
AIB-SSA Conference Proceedings (with ISBN)**.*

—    A selection of papers and cases that are aligned with the conference
theme will be considered for inclusion in the *AIB Sub-Saharan Africa Book
Series* published by Palgrave Macmillan.

—  Competitive papers will be considered for inclusion for a special issue
of *Thunderbird International Business Review*: *Internationalization of
African Firms*. A special PDW will be organized at the conference by the
guest editors.

—    A collection of papers may be considered for a planned special issue
in the *AIB Insights*, a quarterly publication of the AIB with a global
readership.

*Registration Waiver & Support*

The chapter would provide registration fee waiver and some support to a
limited number of delegates, with priority given to doctoral candidates and
junior faculty from low-income countries. Please send an email to
[log in to unmask] for more details.

We look forward to seeing you in Lagos!

Best wishes,

Ifedapo Adeleye

E: [log in to unmask]

Disclaimer: The information transmitted via this email or any attachments
thereto are intended for the named addressee(s) except where any
addressee(s) was/were so named in error. The said information and/or
attachments may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
any amendment, dissemination, disclosure, transmission or distribution is
hereby strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or where
same has been received in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the email and attachments thereto. Please note that no
opinion, commitment or representation expressed or implied by the sender
necessarily constitutes the opinion*,* commitment or representation of
Lagos Business School/ Pan-Atlantic University (LBS/PAU) and no such
opinion, commitment or representation shall be binding on LBS/PAU excepting
where same has been so communicated and affirmed in writing by a duly
authorised representative of LBS/PAU. LBS/PAU shall not be responsible for
any loss, damage, claim or any inconvenience whatsoever that may be
suffered as a result of a reliance on the contents of the email or
attachments thereof.

--

*DISCLAIMER: This message (and any files attached) contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are

*E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses.*

*The sender/company therefore does not accept liability for any errors,
omissions, or damage caused by virus, in the contents of this message,
which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.*

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Riara
University. <http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/>

--
 <http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/>http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]