UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA— The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business invites applications from talented scholars to fill two tenure track positions at the Assistant Professor level in the area of International Business. Applicants must have earned or be close to completing a PhD in International Business or Management, Global Strategy, or a related international management discipline.

Qualified candidates will have a strong international business focus in both their research and teaching, as demonstrated by experience in conducting research and teaching courses where international business issues are focal rather than peripheral. Our faculty are recognized research leaders and we seek to complement and extend our already vibrant research community with a scholar dedicated to publishing high quality international business research in top-rated academic journals. Commensurate with their career stage, qualified candidates must have either an established publishing record in leading scholarly journals or a strong research pipeline including high quality scholarly papers targeted to such journals. Scholarly expertise in at least one of the following areas is strongly desired:

·         Global strategy

·         Emerging markets

·         International entrepreneurship

The Gustavson School of Business offers Bachelor of Commerce, Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Global Business degrees – all of which have an international focus embedded in their curricula and a strong co-op component – as well as a PhD in International Management and Organization.  Scholarship and teaching at the School are strongly aligned around our three areas of specialization: International Business, Service Management and Entrepreneurship and our guiding pillars - Sustainable/Social Responsible, International, Innovative and Integrative.  We are a pioneer and leader in integrating curriculum at both the undergraduate and graduate level and a strong contributor to international business research.

Gustavson is one of the few North American schools that is accredited by both the European Federation of Management Development (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Qualified candidates for this position must have a PhD from a research intensive university that is AACSB or EQUIS accredited. They must also have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the classroom.

The experiential dimension in our academic programs includes a mandatory co-op program for all undergraduate students, international exchanges, and overseas co-op work opportunities. In line with this approach, we will give preference to candidates with direct international experience.

The University of Victoria is rated as one of the best comprehensive universities in Canada, with globally recognized researchers, a strong supportive environment for research, and a commitment to teaching excellence. Victoria is located in one of the most beautiful parts of North America and enjoys a very moderate west coast climate, an active cultural scene, and easy access to all types of outdoor activities.

Please send a letter of application with curriculum vitae, appropriate evidence of research (publications or work in progress) and teaching skills (such as course evaluation scores, teaching statements, syllabi) and three references to: Saul Klein, Dean, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, PO Box 1700, STN CSC, Victoria, BC  V8W 2Y2, telephone: (250) 721-6068, e-mail: [log in to unmask], website: www.gustavson.uvic.ca

Faculty and Librarians at the University of Victoria are governed by the provisions of the Collective Agreement.  Members are represented by the University of Victoria Faculty Association (http://www.uvicfa.ca).

The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.

Persons with disabilities, who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, may contact Grace Wong Sneddon, Adviser to the Provost on Equity and Diversity at (250) 721-6143. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.

Consideration of applications will begin on August 10, 2016. Representatives from the Gustavson School will be available to meet interested candidates at the Academy of Management annual meeting and at the Academy of International Business annual conference.