View this email in your browser <http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=d3248dc1c5&e=b947806393>

Volunteer with the Allen Farmers Market this Summer!

Are you looking to give back to your community?  Do you want to become more involved with our local food system?  Are you interested in seeing how a non-profit functions?

Below you will find information regarding volunteer opportunities with the Allen Farmers Market!  With nearly 1000 patrons attending the market every Wednesday, we are always looking for folks to help us out.  Please share these opportunities with friends and family!

How to Apply
Please download, print, and complete the Volunteer  <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=023c161f45&e=b947806393>Form  <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=c38ef2a460&e=b947806393>and Background Check Consent Form <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=d9ba92b686&e=b947806393> and submit to Volunteer Coordinator, Kat Logan.

Phone: 517.999.3919 <tel:517.999.3919>
The Allen Farmers Market

The Allen Farmers Market is a project of Allen Neighborhood Center, a 501(c)(3) organization in Lansing, Michigan.  This year-long community minded farmers market began in 2004.  The Market, held in a large parking lot adjacent to the Center during the summer, has grown steadily since its 2004 start. Last year, the Market drew 16-25 farmers/vendors and over 16,000 patrons (550-1100 each week) to the 4 ½ hour, Wednesday afternoon market.  In early 2005, ANC became the first non-profit in Michigan authorized to accept EBT for our farmers.  SNAP sales have increased steadily over the years, with particularly dramatic increases since we began to participate in the Fair Food Network’s Double-Up Food Bucks program in 2011. The ‘Bank’ in our Farmers Market issues ‘market currency’ for SNAP, Double UP, debit, credit, WIC Project Fresh, and Senior Project Fresh.

In 2011, the ANC Board of Directors committed to creation of a multi-functional food resource center and food hub. As envisioned, this would build upon our previous decade of food-related initiatives and allow creative bundling of additional programs to strengthen the food system of the Eastside and the mid-Michigan region. In September 2013, we opened the Allen Market Place (AMP) which houses our award-winning Allen Farmers Market during the winter season, making it a staple in the community year-round.
Volunteer Opportunities
Yard Sign Corps - Set Up: On Wednesdays before the farmers market, volunteers will help put up signs along the major intersections of our Eastside Neighborhood.  10am-11am (need own transportation).

Yard Sign Corps - Take Down:  On Wednesdays after the farmers market, volunteers will help take down signs along the major intersections of our Eastside Neighborhood. 7pm-8pm (need own transportation).

Set-Up: 11am-2:30pm on Wednesdays

Parking Lot Attendant from 2:30pm-4:45pm on Wednesdays: Our parking lot attendant will guide traffic into available spots in the parking lot, and guide traffic out as well.

Parking Lot Attendant from 4:45pm-7:00pm on Wednesdays: Our parking lot attendant will guide traffic into available spots in the parking lot, and guide traffic out as well.

Market Greeter from 2:30pm-4:45pm on Wednesdays: Volunteers will be at the entrances of the market (off of Allen Street, Kalamazoo Street, and Shepard Street) greeting neighbors, handing out fliers, and tracking the number of patrons who enter.

Market Greeter from 4:45pm-7:00pm on Wednesdays: Volunteers will be at the entrances of the market (off of Allen Street, Kalamazoo Street, and Shepard Street) greeting neighbors, handing out fliers, and tracking the number of patrons who enter.

Tear Down: 6:30-8:00pm on Wednesdays
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=38a34974bf&e=b947806393>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=e4b2047191&e=b947806393>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=f083a581a0&e=b947806393>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=3aef5303b9&e=b947806393>
Copyright © 2016 Allen Neighborhood Center, All rights reserved.
At some point, you volunteered or expressed interest in volunteering with us. We are so happy you did! If circumstances have changed, please let us know.

Our mailing address is:
Allen Neighborhood Center
1611 E Kalamazoo St
Lansing, MI 48912

Add us to your address book <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e>

You can update your preferences <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e&e=b947806393> or unsubscribe from this list <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e&e=b947806393&c=d3248dc1c5>