Hmm, I think that's somewhat misleading after reading the article.  What they have are email addresses and passwords from sites *other* than the big ones like gmail, yahoo, etc.  Those sites weren't directly compromised, but it's more of a "if you use the same email and password" thing that would make one compromised.