--- Apologies for cross-posting ---

**

*Professional Development Workshop on Language in International
Management Research*

**

Mary Yoko Brannen (Gustavson School of Business, University of
Victoria), Philippe Lecomte (President of GEM&L, Toulouse Business
School), Terry Mughan (Royal Roads University) and Helene Tenzer
(Tübingen University) cordially invite you to participate in the
upcoming professional development workshop (PDW) on Language in
International Management Research at the Academy of Management Annual
Meeting in Anaheim.

The workshop will take place on Friday, *August 5 2016, 1:00PM -
**3:00PM*at *Anaheim **C**onvention Center in Room 201D*.

This PDW aims to provide participants with a better understanding of the
multifaceted empirical, theoretical and methodological challenges posed
by language diversity in international management and offers
opportunities to explore future research directions in the area. This
topic is a key challenge to international management theory and firm
performance, as evidenced by the recent special collection on language
in the Journal of International Business Studies
(http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/collections/language/index.html).

The PDW will comprise keynote speeches by Terry Mughan and Tsedal Neeley
(Harvard Business School) along with a short overview of the research
field by Helene Tenzer. We will also organize a roundtable discussion
session in which participants will have opportunities to share their
research interests, compare findings, and discuss challenges and
opportunities of exploring the role of language in international management.

Registration for this PDW is not required, but in case you are planning
to attend this event, we would appreciate if you could notify us here:
http://geml.eu/en/aom-registration-3/

Thank you very much for your attention and we hope to see you in Anaheim.

With best wishes,

Mary Yoko Brannen, Philippe Lecomte, Terry Mughan, and Helene Tenzer

--
Dr. Helene Tenzer

Tübingen University . Department of International Business
Melanchthonstr. 30 . 72074 Tübingen . Germany
Phone +49 7071 29 75437 . Fax +49 7071 29 5534

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.