Asia Pacific Journal of Management

Review Issue

Call for Proposals

(Submission deadline: July 31, 2016)

In order to promote conversations among management scholars in the Asia-Pacific region, Asia Pacific Journal of Management invites you to submit proposals for manuscripts to review topics related to management and organizational research.

Review papers (as opposed to theoretical and empirical papers) summarize existing literature of a particular topic, including its theories, findings, and implications, and provide recommendations in advancing knowledge. We thus look for manuscripts that review and summarize recent studies in management and organizations, and offer suggestions of future research in the Asia-Pacific region. Please note that we are not interested in review papers that merely summarize existing research. In your proposal, in paving the way for future significant research to take place, you must also make it clear how your proposed review addresses an important line of research and offers contribution to the existing body of knowledge in the Asia-Pacific region. Theory and/or method advancement relevant to management and organizational research in the Asia-Pacific region is highly preferable.

We are interested in review papers of various management topics, such as strategy, leadership, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, human resource management, international management, innovation and technology management, etc.

Your proposal should be within ten pages (double-spaced) and have the following information.

  1. Authors’ names and affiliations
  2. Proposed title of the review paper
  3. Abstract
  4. The stream of literature to be reviewed, including a list of published papers and a short summary
  5. A brief explanation of why this review is timely and important for management researchers and APJM
  6. Reference

Proposals will be reviewed by a team of senior editors (in alphabetical order): Ajai Gaur, Rutgers University; Rico Lam, University of Macau; Seung-Hyun Lee, University of Texas at Dallas; Chi-Sum Wong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong; Daphne Yiu, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Submit your proposal to Rico Lam ([log in to unmask]).We will contact you to further submit the full review paper if your proposal is considered to be suitable for the purpose of this call and the scope of APJM. Invited review manuscripts will be subject to the peer review process of APJM. Please note that the invitation to submit a full manuscript is not a guarantee of publication in APJM.

If you have any question regarding this call for proposal, please contact Rico Lam ([log in to unmask]).

Deadline of Submission: July 31, 2016.