We have just been made aware that an organization is calling AIB members
claiming that they represent AIB or that they are the official housing
company and can get members good rates in New Orleans. These are fraud
attempts, do not provide them with any personal information.

AIB does not utilize any third parties for accommodations. Do not talk to
any third-party companies about your room reservations. We only work
directly with the official venue, Sheraton New Orleans, and all reservations
should be made directly with them through our website at:

https://aib.msu.edu/events/2016/Lodging.asp

These companies will claim they represent AIB and will claim to book you at
hotels in the area for cheap.  Then with a week to go, you will be told that
your reservation was cancelled, and you will be asked to pay more to make a
new reservation.  Or alternatively, you will go to the hotel, only to find
no reservations were made under your name and with thousands charged to your
credit card. Your personal credit card information will be compromised and
sold.

If you are contacted by one of these companies, please take their name and
contact information and forward them immediately to me at [log in to unmask]

Best regards,

Tunga

--

Tunga Kiyak, Ph.D.