From: Allen Neighborhood Center <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Mon, May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Subject: Volunteers Needed at Hunter Park GardenHouse!
To: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

View this email in your browser <http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=4086755809&e=43c805a75f>

With warm weather comes our big growing season!  We are as busy as ever at Hunter Park GardenHouse, and are in need of hard working volunteers!

The GardenHouse serves as an educational urban farm and gardening hub in Lansing's Eastside.  Neighbors volunteer to grow food, flowers, and community; and youth develop job and life skills in service to the neighborhood. We sustainably grow vegetables year-round for our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program that is known for our remarkably flexible payment options, accepting SNAP and Double Up Food Bucks and offering work-shares. We host a wide variety of gardening workshops and offer youth programs for ages 5-17, annual plant sale, and other gardening services.

Since 2008, the Hunter Park GardenHouse has empowered neighbors to grow, prepare, and eat healthy food to better their health and become more connected with the community. We are open 6 days a week, and offer a wide assortment of educational and service-oriented programs for youth and adults.

Our operation greatly depends on the help of volunteers to help us plant, water, harvest, weed, and other gardening tasks.

We have daily volunteer shifts available:
Monday 10am-12pm & 5:30-7:30pm
Tuesday 10am-12pm & 5:30-7:30pm
Wednesday 9am-12pm (CSA harvest & packing) & 5:30-7:30pm
Thursday 10am-12pm & 5:30-7:30pm
Friday 10am-12pm & 5:30-7:30pm
Saturday 10am-12pm

If you are able to volunteer and would like to help us out, please contact Kat Logan at:

517.999.3919 <tel:517.999.3919> OR [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=f78100bd58&e=43c805a75f>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=653d6af8fb&e=43c805a75f>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=7c161d47b3&e=43c805a75f>
 <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=f8c0b2e197&e=43c805a75f>
Copyright © 2016 Allen Neighborhood Center, All rights reserved.
At some point, you volunteered or expressed interest in volunteering with us. We are so happy you did! If circumstances have changed, please let us know.

Our mailing address is:
Allen Neighborhood Center
1611 E Kalamazoo St
Lansing, MI 48912

Add us to your address book <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e>

You can update your preferences <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e&e=43c805a75f> or unsubscribe from this list <http://allenneighborhoodcenter.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=7a414e27a9ece1240b1d2db75&id=714c8a0b4e&e=43c805a75f&c=4086755809>