I am looking for thoughts and conversation on using Mapped Network Drives versus Network Locations UNC’s. Currently we are pushing drive letters to network locations through GPP. I am thinking about making transition from using drive letters to using UNC shortcuts in Network Locations. A few points on why I am thinking about making the transition are drive letter collision/confusion, finite number of mapped drive letters, and that certain viruses can spread to removable/network drives.

Can someone who has experience using both or making the transition weigh in on their thoughts about which they prefer, issues they have run into using one or the other, or anything else that they would like to add?

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Jason Waterbury
PC Technician
Broad College of Business