Dear Colleagues,

At this year's AIB meeting in New Orleans, there will be a Town hall Meeting to discuss the creation of the Diversity and Inclusion Special Interest Group on June 28 from 5:45 to 6:45pm.

We had a lot of support at last year's conference gaining more than the required 30 signatures to create the group. We hope to use this Town hall to discuss what you would like to see from this SIG, to outline what we are working on so far (a special issue will be our first activity, one the group is formally approved) and to move forward in the formalisation process. Please come along and be heard!

If you can't make it but would like to show your support, please contact us.

As a quick reminder of what we are hoping to achieve with this SIG, we have included some details below. Feel free to circulate to anyone that may be interested in coming along or supporting this initiative.

Purpose:
To unite the diverse range of individuals in the AIB to create opportunities work towards social justice, and to better understand diversity and inclusion issues in International Business through rigorous scholarship.

Specific areas of interest include (but are not limited to) gender, sexuality, culture, age, class, disabilities and multiple identity research.

Our aims:
- Have a visible and accessible SIG to increase the inclusiveness of the AIB community
- To encourage high quality research on diversity and inclusion in International Business
- To bring together academics of all levels to share their research and develop communities of practice
- To apply research to our own community and extend this into our business schools and teaching
- We also aim to create links with WAIB, education streams and the research methods SIG.
Thank you again for your support!

Diversity and Inclusion SIG Team
Varina Paisley & Mark Tayar

Varina Paisley | Director of Knowledge Academy
PhD Candidate at UNSW Australia Business School
546M, Level 5, ASB Building, UNSW Sydney 2052
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  w: www.knowledgeacademy.com.au<http://www.knowledgeacademy.com.au/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://asb.unsw.edu.au/>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<au.linkedin.com/in/varina/>    [Knowledge Academy] <http://www.knowledgeacademy.com.au/>

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]