Begin forwarded message:

From: "St John, Kristen E - stjohnke" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Request Your Input on Geo Ed Research Survey
Date: March 21, 2016 2:17:44 PM EDT

Dear GER theme issue authors,

I hope you are making good progress on your JGE GER theme issue manuscripts. I am contacting you today on a related topic that I think will be of interest to you.

One of the outcomes of the last summer's geoscience education research workshop at the EER was the identification of several areas of need to support geoscience education researchers - this includes support for those new to GER and current active geo ed researchers. Kim Kasten, Karen McNeal, Heather Macdonald, and I took information from the workshop discussions and developed a COMMUNITY NEEDS SURVEY that will be used to gain broader input and prioritize the highest needs. Steps to address needs will then start this summer as part of the same NSF grant that is funding the survey and funding the 2016 GER workshop.

I have two requests of you:
1. Please take ~15 minutes complete the survey yourself.
2. Share the survey link and encourage your colleagues to complete the survey. We recognize that geoscience education research should be responsive to the broader geo ed practitioner community, so all geoscience educators are welcome to share their opinions in this survey.

Survey link:

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Kristen

Kristen St. John, PhD
Professor
Department of Geology and Environmental Science
MSC 6903
7300A Memorial Hall
395 S. High St.
James Madison University