On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 01:45:16PM -0400, Chunyang Chu wrote:

Howdy,

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a place to exchange my RMB for some USD. Is there any
> currency exchange place in Lansing area?

Currency Exchanges are not common around this area.

Generally you have to go to a bank or credit union.  Often you will have
to wait several days while they have the currency exchanged.
Go to a bank or credit union where you have an account.

You might go down to Detroit Metro airport.  They have a currency
exchange, but that is a bother and an expense, and also their rates are
often not do good.

If people are sending you money from home in China, then it is better
to have them get a check or money order in USD written there which you
can cash here.  Or, you can have them do a direct transfer to your
account here.  Then the exchange will happen automatically as part
of the funds transfer.  Pretty much any bank or credit union can
handle that type of direct funds transfer, but different ones charge
different fees.

If it is only a small amount, meybe I can help, but I can't afford
to do anything like a large tuition or rental amount.

////jerry