Hello Growing Hope friends and supporters-

Included here are brief summaries of each of four Spring/Summer 2016 internships, and attached are pdf files of full postings with further information on each. Please share with your networks and contacts as appropriate.

Garden Programs Intern: The Growing Hope team is offering an unpaid internship opportunity to students (undergraduate, graduate, community college) and community members interested in garden education and healthy food access in the Ypsilanti community and greater Washtenaw County. Although the opportunity is unpaid, the experience will provide an intern with a fundamental understanding of developing garden programs with an emphasis on providing access to garden resources at the community and neighborhood level.

Nutrition Education/ "Veggucation" Intern: The Growing Hope team is offering an unpaid internship opportunity to students or community members interested in empowering low-income members of the Ypsilanti community to obtain the skills, knowledge and motivation to eat healthy foods and make healthy food decisions. Although the opportunity is unpaid, the experience will provide an intern with a fundamental understanding of incorporating appropriate nutrition education messaging and activities into a variety of programs at Growing Hope and within the Ypsilanti community.

Social Media/Marketing Intern: This intern will work with Growing Hope to optimize our social media usage through work in Constant Contact, Facebook and Twitter, Flickr, and more. This person would help us to explore and implement different social media tools, and better utilize the tools we currently have in place.

Urban Market Garden/Farm Interns: Growing Hope is looking for interns who are interested in learning the skills needed to run a small urban market garden/farm. We grow a diversity of vegetables, fruits, and herbs on our small (less than 1 acre) urban demonstration farm in the city of Ypsilanti, MI. Interns will learn how to manage an urban market garden under organic standards. These skills include propagation, no till bed prepping, compost production, vegetable cultivation, harvesting, post harvesting handling, marketing, financial planning and farm stand management. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn how to start up or manage a small, diversified vegetable farm and market their produce in the area of southeast Michigan (or beyond). This internship is 1/3 educational, 1/3 farm labor and 1/3 marketing and sales. Though we prefer interns who would like to stay for the whole season, we will consider applicants who are interested in a minimum of a 3 month experience.

All postings, and application instructions can also be found online at
http://growinghope.net/about-us/employment/

Please note, all interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Maria Brummel, Assistant Director
Growing Hope
734-786-8401 office