Job Description: Flint Ingredient Company Farm Crew

Excellent opportunity for those who desire to work outside, work with their hands, and grow healthy vegetables!  We grow a wide variety of vegetables for our store The Local Grocer at the Flint Famers Market, the new grocery store and our CSA program. We are looking for several crew members to join in the satisfying work of farming.

Responsibilities:  Crew member(s) will participate in many aspects of vegetable growing, including hoophouse work, planting, hand cultivation, disease and pest management, harvesting, and washing and packing. Crew members are responsible for providing your own farm appropriate clothing.

Qualifications: Ability to work as part of a team; Dependable; Hardworking, willingness to work in all types of weather; Ability to work effectively alone or in groups; Flexible; Good physical condition (able to lift 50 lb, able to kneel or stand for extended periods of time); Ability to communicate clearly, follow direction and learn basic tasks of the job; Adherence to all personal safety, food safety, environmental safety, hygiene guidelines and procedures.  Must have own transportation.

We are seeking an individual who is responsible, communicates well with others, and enjoys working hard.  You must have the ability and interest to perform physically challenging and repetitive tasks in all natural environmental conditions. Applicants should be detail-oriented and ready to take on the schedule, pace, and inevitable challenges of a farming season with consistency and good humor.  We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about organic agriculture.

Hours: Monday – Friday 7am-3:30 pm. Starting in early April

Compensation: Hourly pay for the position is based on experience.

To apply: Please send resumes and questions to [log in to unmask]