Good afternoon,
It is that time of year again, the Power of We Consortium is recruiting 10 new AmeriCorps members for the summer of 2016!
Please forward this message to your members/partners interested in paid positions in Lansing.
The Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State Program is hiring 10 individuals to join our team from April 25-Septemer 2, 2016! Members will receive training, a living allowance, an educational award at the completion of the service term, and loan forbearance for qualified student loans.
Commonly known as the "Domestic Peace Corps," AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers paid positions with significant professional development opportunities to individuals of all ages looking to make a difference in our community. They spend their days face-to-face with community members and volunteers. The Power of We Consortium focuses on two goals to Ingham County Residents:
1) nutrition education, food donation and gardening to increase food security
2) youth nutrition education to reduce rates of chronic disease and obesity

Members will receive a living allowance of $3,200 distributed bi-weekly from April 25th-September 2nd, 2016 and receive student loan forbearance for qualified loans. Upon successful completion of service an education award in the amount of $1,527.78 will be issued. Members will serve ~25 hours/week.
Please check http://powerofwe.org/americorps/americorps-state/position-openings/ for position descriptions and application instructions. Deadline to apply is February 26, 2016 by 5:00pm.
For more information about the Power of We Consortium and the AmeriCorps State program, please go to powerofwe.org or https://www.facebook.com/pwcamericorps
If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Villanueva at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Andrea Villanueva
[ac logo small 2][cid:[log in to unmask]]
AmeriCorps State Program Director
The Power of We Consortium
Ingham County Human Services Building
5303 S. Cedar St., Suite 2400
Lansing, MI 48909
Office: 517.887.4558  |  Cell: 517-582-4755
Fax: 517.887.4310
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.powerofwe.org/>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.facebook.com/powerofweconsortium> [cid:[log in to unmask]] <https://twitter.com/PowerofWe1>  [cid:[log in to unmask]] <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nfDHKMAqk>

"Strengthening Community Connections for Action"

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html