With funding from the Support Effective Educator Development (SEED) grant from the U.S. Department of Education, we will be publishing a book entitled Mastering Science Content for Middle School Teaching and the NES General Science Exam.  The book will consist of 17 peer-reviewed chapters written by science education and science content faculty, with the audience of preservice and inservice teachers seeking to become effective middle school science teachers and to pass the NES General Science Exam.

We have authors for other chapters but we still need an author or team of authors for Ch. 15: The Hydrosphere. Please reply by email ([log in to unmask]) if you are interested in information about the book and possibly submitting a proposal for this chapter.

Chapter 15: The Hydrosphere
·       The hydrologic cycle
·       Glaciers
·       Characteristics of marine and freshwater systems
·       Groundwater aquifers
·       Coastal processes (barrier islands, deltas and estuaries)

Book Chapters
Unit 1 Nature of Science
Chapter 1: The Nature of Science
Chapter 2: Scientific Inquiry
Chapter 3: A Brief History of Science
Unit 2 Physical Science
Chapter 4: Matter
Chapter 5: Chemical Reactions
Chapter 6: Energy
Chapter 7: Forces and Motion
Chapter 8: Waves
Unit 3: Life Science
Chapter 9: Cells: The Unit of Life
Chapter 10: Living Organisms
Chapter 11: Genetics
Chapter 12: Evolution and Classification
Chapter 13: Ecology
Unit 4: Earth and Space Science
Chapter 14: Processes Shaping the Earth
Chapter 15: The Hydrosphere
Chapter 16: Atmosphere, Weather, and Climate
Chapter 17: Solar System and Universe

Peter Rillero, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Science Education
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College
Arizona State University