eNewsletter

From: Amina Pringle [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:32 AM
To: Redmond, Rudy (WDA) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Apply to Present at NCAN's 2016 Conference!

February 24, 2016

Apply to Present at NCAN's 2016 Conference!

Join the NCAN national conference, Driving Postsecondary Attainment for All, by applying to present a session! The conference will be held September 19-21, 2016, at Detroit Marriot at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present your effective practice, research and/or success. We will accept proposals until Friday, March 11.

Conference Session Tracks

This year’s conference will focus around the tracks (hyperlink) described below. All session proposals must fall into one of the following categories:

  • Access to Opportunity
  • Financial Aid and Literacy
  • Networks and Collective Impact
  • Policy and Advocacy to Increase Postsecondary and Career Attainment
  • Postsecondary Access and Readiness
  • Program Management and Leadership
  • Research, Data, Evaluation and Measuring Outcomes
  • Student Success in Postsecondary Education
  • Using Technology to Enhance Student Outcomes
  • Workforce Development and Readiness

Conference Session Formats

This year, we are requesting that proposals fall into one of two session formats:

  • Effective Practices sessions: “traditional” NCAN conference sessions of either 60 or 75 minutes in length.
  • 7-14-28 presentations: seven (7) minute fast-paced presentations with no more than 14 slides/no smaller than 28 point font. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present in this innovative format!

DONT FORGET:
NCAN will host a Writing a Winning Proposal webinar TODAYFeb. 24 at 2 pm eastern time, during which we’ll provide an overview of the conference, walk through the process for submitting a proposal, and offer some tips for writing a winning proposal. Register for the webinar today.

We encourage you to submit a proposal and join us in Detroit!

Deadline to apply: March 11

National College Access Network
1001 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Suite 300