Dear AIB Colleagues,

I am very much interested in organizing a Special Interest Townhall Session on how the AIB community can best contribute to the attainment of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).  While much of the discussion about the SDGs is directed at public policy initiatives, many of them cannot be met without a strong private sector presence.  And, realistically speaking, how the SDGs will be pursued will have a profound effect on the relationships between and among governments, society and business.  The AIB, because of its inherent global and interdisciplinary focus, is, I think, well-placed to assist in the effort to reach the SDGs.

As is stated in the 'Call for Submissions', at least three - and at most five - organizers are needed.  If anyone is interested in joining me in this effort, please get back to me as soon as possible with your name, affiliation and email.  The deadline is March 4th, so I would like at least a day or two to polish the description of the session and the target audience (although I believe you can see where I am heading from the first paragraph).

Thank you in advance for your interest, and I look forward to putting this townhall session together.

Best regards,

John Dilyard
Associate Professor
St. Francis College
Member, United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network