Call for Papers
3rd WU Vienna Paper Development Workshop:
“Advancing Finance Perspectives in IB Research”
Vienna, September 1st
- 2nd 2016
Submission Deadline for Extended Abstracts: April 30th 2016
Every year, the WU Vienna invites researchers to its new campus to join their efforts and creativity in
developing papers at the intersection of International Business and Finance. The workshop is designed to connect young scholars to like-minded peers and to offer hands-on, informed guidance from senior faculty. In the coming year, our faculty
panel includes Prof. Igor Filatotchev (Cass Business School and WU), Prof. April Knill (Florida State University), Prof. Christian Laux (WU Vienna) and Prof. Trond Randøy (Agder University).
Aim and Background of the Workshop:
IB researches increasingly call for further integration of Finance and IB research (Agmon, 2006;
Bowe, Filatotchev & Marshall, 2010). Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Governance and international finance (i.e. risk behaviour, agency cost),
- Institutional context and international finance (i.e. liability of foreignness in capital markets, local financial context, legitimacy, isomorphism),
- International capital structure and internal capital markets (i.e. diversification, international transfer pricing, arbitrage, taxation),
- Ownership effects on internationalization (i.e. family ownership, institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds)
- Financial risk management in internationalization (i.e. hedging, trade finance, risk reporting),
- International strategic finance (listing location, location specific financial advantages, project finance, syndication),
- Firm level issues in financing internationalization (SMEs, MNEs, EMNEs, born globals, export finance and FDI finance, joint ventures),
- Integrating IB and finance theories (TCE, RBV, OLI, real options, agency and institutional theory).
For further information see call attached or contact :
Institute for Export Management, Department of Global Business and Trade
Welthandelsplatz 1 / D1. 5. OG, A-1020 Wien
Tel.: +43-1-313 36-4374 / Fax: +43-1-313 36-90-4374 E- Mail :
[log in to unmask]
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.