From: Lynne Martinez [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 11:31 AM
Subject: Seeking Applications for a Summer AmeriCorps at the Village Summit

Dear MSU and other Friends,

I am excited to announce that the Village Summit has been approved as a Summer AmeriCorps host site for 2016.

In general the Member will manage, support and recruit volunteers to assist in the following programming: Summer Lunch Program, community and youth gardens, nutrition education and access to healthy affordable foods. A complete position description is attached that will provide more information.

One item that is not very clear in the position description is that we would ask the AmeriCorps member to assist with serving lunches and arranging after lunch activities for youth that would focus on physical activity, nutrition education, and helping them develop gardening skills and interest.

You can find some information about the Village Summit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chessfrog/?fref=ts

The term of service is April 25, 2016 to September 2, 2016. Members will receive a stipend of $3,200 for 450 hours of service, about 25 hours per week. Additionally, after completing the term of service, an education award in the amount of $1,527.78 will be issued.

Please share this application with any who may be interested in applying for the Summer AmeriCorps position or who may know others who might be interested.

If you have questions, send them to me and I will try to get you answers ASAP.

Best regards and thank you for your consideration.
Lynne

Lynne Martinez
517.410.1523