Hello Growing Hope friends and supporters-

Enclosed please info on two current job postings including a Volunteer Coordinator position and an Assistant Market Manager position. Below are brief descriptions and links to full postings at our website, and linked are pdf files of both. Please share with your networks and help us spread the word. Thanks for your support!

Volunteer Coordinator
This position will be 20 hours per week to oversee the utilization of volunteers throughout the organization, and will continue effective volunteer training, retention and evaluation of volunteer efforts/impact. The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for tracking volunteers and their time within our database. This person will both lead and manage volunteers, place volunteers in roles with other organizational staff, as well as update and distribute outreach materials surrounding volunteer opportunities.

http://growinghope.net/wp-content/uploads/GrowingHope_VolunteerCoordinator.pdf

Assistant Market Manager
The Assistant Farmers Market Manager will be a core member of our farmers market team, helping to make our markets a success in our goals of increasing access to healthy food, supporting small business vendors, and contributing to the positive community development of Ypsilanti, MI and other markets we support. The Assistant Farmers Market Manager assists in the on-site management of the Ypsilanti Farmers Markets (Tuesday and Saturday), and may provide staffing services to other area farmers market or farm stand days as prescheduled. The Assistant Market Manager reports to the Farmers Market Manager, who oversees the on and off-site components of the markets and overall administrative/leadership roles (e.g. policy development, vendor app development and approval, licensing/permits, securing space, marketing, evaluation, partnership coordination, budgeting/purchasing, fundraising, et al). The

Assistant Market Manager will assist with these duties as needed.
Growing Hope seeks a candidate enthusiastic and dedicated to Growing Hope’s mission of helping people improve their lives and communities through gardening and increasing access to healthy food. He or she must be energetic and committed to the success of our markets, and able to perform the physical and logistical tasks of outdoor markets in all types of weather. Previous farmers market experience is a big plus. The position is part-time, 25 hrs/week, with hourly pay and no benefits, and will run from March through December, with fewer hours in the months of March, early April, November, and December. The position is a seasonal position with no benefits.

Maria Brummel, Assistant Director
Growing Hope
734-786-8401 office
248-910-0992 cell