Posting on behalf of our File Depot support group:

FileDepot (https://filedepot.msu.edu/) was originally set up with IMAP authentication (one of the supported methods in the software) and at a time when everyone (students, faculty, and staff) were using the same email system.

When undergraduate students moved to Office 365 last semester, their access to FileDepot was adversely affected. We have been working on a resolution since identifying this issue which is scheduled for implementation on January 31. Specifically, we are looking at changing the FileDepot authentication scheme to CampusAD since Active Directory is supported by the software.

All current employees were set up with accounts in CampusAD a few months back but not necessarily an Exchange mailbox. To enable their CampusAD account, employees need (if they haven’t already) to reset their password at http://netid.msu.edu, changing their MSU NetID password plus setting up a synchronized password with CampusAD. As new services are added to CampusAD, a single username/password for both MSU NetID and CampusAD will help ensure access to services.

Note that FileDepot (https://filedepot.msu.edu/) requires at least one of sender or receiver to authenticate to use the system so that it is not used as a relay. FileDepot Internal (https://filedepot-internal.msu.edu/) requires authentication by both sender and receiver.

Leo  Sell
MSU IT Service Desk
517-432-6200
#TeamMSUIT