Fellow geoscience education researchers,

My name
is Peter Anderson and i am currently a PhD candidate at the University
of Houston. I am very interested in geoscience education and desire to
try and chair a session at the upcoming GSA 2016 annual meeting in
Denver. Please see my ideas for the session that i want to submit to the
 GSA 2016 solicitation. I wanted to inquiry to this forum before
submitting to make certain i am not tryi9ng to propose a session a more
experienced researcher has already thought up. If not can the group
provide any feedback they can for me? (suggestions, willingness to help
me/co-chair the session if it makes etc...)

Technical session ideas:
Session Title: Developing
Geoscience K-12 Education Focused Outreach Programs: civic engagement and science
communication training

Synopsis:

Evaluating the effectiveness, and overall merits of K-12
educational outreach in earth science, through either qualitative or
quantitative analysis techniques.  A primary focus on the utilization of pedagogical
approaches to developing, implementing and evaluating university led civic engagement projects. Implementation of a twofold approach to measure the effects on not just the audience presented to, but also the participants
engaging in the presenting. Emphasis placed on the utilization of public science outreach
initiatives as developmental training practicum in science communication.

thank you so much,

Peter Anderson
University of Houston
EAS Dept.