APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 22, 2016

GrowTown is accepting applications for a market garden grower(s) to participate in the development of the Penrose Market Garden.

Please circulate and share this email with those who may be interested in this unique opportunity.

GrowTown is currently implementing an entrepreneurial market garden business in Detroit, Michigan. The Penrose Market Garden is being developed by GrowTown under a 2015 Kresge grant to be a profitable sub-acre urban market garden business that generates significant income for a market grower. The GrowTown model integrates this local food business into an urban affordable housing development and neighborhood.

This is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative community development project. Our work environment is highly disciplined and entrepreneurial. We are looking for a grower or partner growers to bring their skills and enthusiasm to the Penrose Market Garden and participate in building a successful urban agriculture model.

Grower(s) will work under GrowTown's leadership to realize the Kresge grant commitment to implement a SPIN-Farming demonstration project at Penrose that is documented and replicable by others.

Housing and market garden facility are provided. Grower's compensation is 100% Market Garden Sales and initial stipend.

This opportunity is for growers ready to take initiative and who can work collaboratively with GrowTown and other community stakeholders towards an extraordinary outcome and exciting urban agriculture model.

To apply see the attached PDF.
Visit growtown.org for additional information.
Applications are due January 22, 2016

Submit applications electronically to:
Beth Hagenbuch
GrowTown
248 -921-2997

GrowTown Mission:
Founded on the belief that good design makes life better, GrowTown is a non-profit Landscape Architecture studio dedicated to transforming neighborhoods and landscapes in post-industrial cities. Design and implementation of the Local Food Economy is our focus for growing resilient and sustainable communities