Dear folks,

For a study, I am collecting a list of references on findings and theories about human natural- and social universals. Id appreciate if those of you working on this area can direct me to the relevant studies, especially those with solid empirical evidence over longitudinal, evolutionary tests across distant cultures. I look particularly for scientific studies outside business/management, e.g., biology, anthropology, neurosciences, etc. As a return of favor, those who provide me more than ten relevant references will receive a full list of all studies I eventually collect from all sources.

p.s., for those of you who have an interest in this topic, below are a few recent books that you might find of interest.

Fukuyama, F. (2011). The origins of political order: From prehumen times to the French Revolution. New York, NY: Faffar, Straus and Giroux.

Pinker, S. (2013). Language, cognition, and human Nature: Selected articles. New York, NY: Oxford University Press

Richerson, P. J., & Boyd, R. (2008). Not by genes alone: How culture transformed human evolution. University of Chicago Press.

Smail, D. L. (2007). On deep history and the brain. Univ of California Press.

Thanks!

Victor

VICTOR ZITIAN CHEN, Ph.D.

T: +1 (980) 636-9207| E: [log in to unmask] | W: http://www.chenzitian.com/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assistant Professor of International Management

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, CHARLOTTE | The Belk College of Business | 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001 | http://belkcollege.uncc.edu/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fellow, Global Coordinator and Editor, Emerging Market Global Players (EMGP) Project

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY | Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment* | Columbia Law School - The Earth Institute | 435 West 116th Street, New York, NY 10027 | http://ccsi.columbia.edu/

* formerly known as Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable Internatonal Investment

Co-founder and Former Associate Editor

TRANSNATIONAL CORPORATIONS REVIEW | ˾ۡ

____
To post message: [log in to unmask]