Hi everyone

Does anyone have users running the new version of InDesign, and having trouble launching after the 2015 updates?  It is crashing while loading at different stages, but still while the main splash screen is showing.  When I first installed the CC, InDesign was the 2014 version and it worked.  Once we updated to the 2015 version, it broke.  We can’t revert, and uninstalling and reinstalling from the original build doesn’t make any difference.  The only help I can find in the Adobe forums to is to grant the user Admin since it launches fine with Admin.  This isn’t an option on our workstations for so many obvious reasons.  So, here are some details.

-Windows system on 7 with decent video and plenty of RAM.  This issue doesn’t affect MAC users due to their user vs. admin model being more intertwined than Windows users.

-All suggestions from Adobe (beside granting admin) don’t help.  Their suggestions are – log out of Adobe CC and log back in to re-establish activation, update the software (by launching as admin first), hold down CTRL+ALT to launch without libraries, reinstall.

-This only effects Named License users.  It works fine on our machines that have a Device license installed.  To me, this is the biggest clue since it is the same revision level of the software, but Adobe isn’t really acknowledging the issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Chris Doerr

Information Technologist I

Support Services