I thought it was obvious that the problem would not happen for anyone
who has their POP client set to delete downloaded messages from the
server.  The problem is for those of us who deliberately have their
POP clients set to *not* delete messages from the server, so that
they could get their mail from different machines.  Did I miss something?

-- dkm