The NAAEE has an open call for community review of their DRAFT Guidelines for Community Engagement. If you don't know NAAEE (North American Association for Environmental Education), check it out - lots of great overlap with the geoscience education community.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bora Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Invitation to Review - DRAFT Guidelines for Community Engagement
Date: October 12, 2015 4:30:17 PM EDT

While not focused on climate literacy, community engagement is certainly a theme of our work. In addition, many of you have been incredibly supportive of the Guidelines for Excellence over the years.  Thus, this invitation. We are in the process of developing a new set of guidelines on community engagement and would love to have your feedback!

Please feel free to forward this announcement to your networks/listservs.  We want as much participation as possible.

Guidelines for Community Engagement

Draft Framework Available

We need your help! NAAEE and EECapacity are in the process of developing another document for the Guidelines for Excellence series.  This set of guidelines will, when completed, focus on how environmental educators can work successfully in communities to protect the environment and promote community well-being and sustainability. These guidelines will also strive to help environmental educators, and others, create more inclusive working environments that support social equity, effective partnerships, and coalition building.

This is the first draft framework/outline for these guidelines. As with all of the previous Guidelines for Excellence publications, these guidelines will be developed through an iterative public participation process.

The draft, posted on the NAAEE website, is available for download at: http://www.naaee.net/programs/community-ee-guidelines-review

Your comments will be used in the revision process.  Please submit your comments to Bora Simmons [[log in to unmask]] by Monday, November 16, 2015.

THANK YOU.

--
Bora Simmons
National Project for Excellence in Environmental Education