Dear AIB,

May I please ask for circulation among AIB membership.


Prof. Francis Wambalaba

Associate DVC Research, USIU


Research Faculty - (2 Positions)
The United States International University - Africa is the largest, private, secular university in East and Central Africa catering to almost 6000 students representing 70 nationalities and with a global network of over 12000 alumni. 

USIU - Africa is committed to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms.

The Office of Academic Research headed by the Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs (Research) is looking to recruit two interrelated research faculty positions to provide research in business ICT solutions and business operations research. The successful candidates will primarily focus on research and teach one course per semester up to a maximum two courses per academic year in their relevant field.
For teaching purposes, the suitable candidate will be expected to work closely with the Grant Writer to solicit and generate research funds to sustain their subsequent research activities and surplus for scale up. The university will subsidize their salary 100% in the first year, and thereafter, the university will only pay 25% while the researcher remains self-sufficient for the remaining 75%.  The position is a performance based three (3) year renewable contract.

Key responsibilities

Qualifications and Experience

Expertise: ICT Research Position

The suitable candidate for the ICT research faculty position should have expertise in a combination of at least three of the following areas:

Expertise: Business Operations Research Position

The suitable candidate for the business operations research position should have expertise in a combination of at least three of the following areas:



If you have the requisite qualifications, experience, skills and competence and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.

Interested applicants must provide the following when applying, a cover letter, current CV, certified copies of educational, professional certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current and expected salary and benefits, telephone and Email contacts to the following address by Friday, October 16, 2015.

Head of Human Resources,

United States International University-Africa

P.O Box 14634-00800

Nairobi, Kenya.

Email: [log in to unmask] | Web:

USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.

DISCLAIMER: All the information contained in this email message is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. Such information is intended exclusively for the use of the designated recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying or distribution of all or part of the information contained herein or other use of or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information by third parties is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email message in error please delete it immediately and notify the university through email at [log in to unmask]