Thomas,

Wow, that's weird -- I sent that message as myself (David McFarlane),
but our e-mail system identifies me as "Diane Waldie" (but still with
my e-mail address, not hers, which would be [log in to unmask]).  This
will make for my third call to Tech Support this morning!  (BTW, this
would not happen if I could get Eudora to work, right now I'm stuck
using our lousy web-based e-mail.)

Anyway, no, the problem is not that the string was cut off.  First, I
made sure to copy in the entire string.  Second, I tried using just
the domain, blog.timeoff.org, and got the same error.  Third, I called
this in to Tech Support, and they got the same message. ...  But it
seems to have been a temporary problem, the link works now.  Those
instructions come to much the same as the MSU instructions, with the
additional advice to drill down the certificate tree branches directly
to the offending certificate, and resart & redo this step as the
certificate dives down to deeper branches.

As for Matt's reply about the campus mail upgrade, I already replied
to that asking for more info.

Thanks much,
-- dkm (*not* Diane Waldie!)