Could we entertain a discussion on how to deal with Eudora on campus
moving forward?

First, what is the magnitude of the issue?  Do we have any idea how
many of our users still use Eudora?

If Eudora is so poor, why do these users stick with it?  How about if
our e-mail team met with actual Eudora users to work out a suitable
upgrade path for them?

What alternative POP3 or IMAP clients should these users use
instead?  Should we allow POP3 or IMAP at all?  Why not make everyone
use the web client, and keep all their e-mail in the cloud?  Or why
not just decree that henceforth all Windows users may use only the
one approved POP3/IMAP client (e.g., Outlook)?

Does Gmail support Eudora?  If so, what about having users forward
all MSU e-mail to Gmail, and then use Eudora to grab mail from
Gmail?  That might make a very handy solution for those users.

-- dkm