Greetings listees!

Still thinking about your abstract for GSA in Baltimore this November 1-4? The Geoscience Education Research (GER) Division of the NAGT have proposed a session on Methods for Conducting Research about Teaching and Learning in the Geosciences. We have several very interesting abstracts already submitted, and think this will be a very exciting session. We hope that you will consider submitting!

T83. Methods for Conducting Research about Teaching and Learning in the Geosciences

Nicole LaDue, Laura A. Lukes, Katherine Ryker, Kim A. Cheek
GSA Geoscience Education Division; National Association of Geoscience Teachers

Geoscience Education Research (GER) draws upon methods used in a variety of social science fields, including psychology, education, and anthropology. This session encourages presenters to highlight classic and novel methods used in their research.

We hope you might consider submitting an abstract to present your latest research findings in this session highlighting the methods you used through your process. Is there a theoretical lens appropriate for GER that you utilize in your work? Have you started using a new technique (ie. eye-tracking, big data, etc.) that is appropriate for GER? Talks submitted to this session can cross a number of topics, but we hope submissions will highlight the methods used for your research process. The abstract deadline is August 11thhttp://community.geosociety.org/gsa2015/science-careers/sessions

Please feel free to email me ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Katherine Ryker

--
Dr. Katherine Ryker
Assistant Professor of Earth Science Education