Apologies for cross-posting
[banner ifera largo-regforum]

IFERA Regional Forum. November 10th-13th.

Leadership in Family Business

This is a delicate and important issue, because we must consider that the leader is the person who takes control of the company, guides not only the business but quite often the family, and, especially, ensures that leadership can be transferred from one generation to another in the best way for both the company and the family.  Frequently, leaders in a family business also play other roles in the family, particularly the role of a parent, which creates particular nuances in exercise of leadership in a family business vis a vis a non-family business.

All scholars are invited to develop submissions that embrace diverse disciplinary traditions, theoretical perspectives and methodological approaches to:
(1) advance our understanding of leadership in Latin America Family Business;
(2) examine the factors that influence family business leadership; and
(3) help family owners and managers, as well as policy makers and professionals engaged with family firms.

The Forum invites papers on all aspects of family business research, including but not limited to succession, leadership and governance, entrepreneurship, strategy, family relationships, emotional issues, family psychology and sociology, economics, finance, and accounting, as well as issues that lie at the intersection of these and other interrelated disciplines. All theoretical and methodological approaches are welcome as we advance the field in a truly multi-disciplinary, creative, rigorous, reflexive, and critical fashion. In addition, we invite papers that speak directly to the selected conference theme of “Leadership in Family Business.”

Submissions will also be accepted on other areas of research on family business and will be scheduled in separate tracks.

IFERA 2015 Regional Forum is an extraordinary opportunity to meet with scholars from Latin-America in order to expand and strengthen your network.

The Forum starts off with an enriching pre-conference program for doctoral students. This is followed by a two day academic program featuring paper presentations, discussion sessions and poster sessions.

We have extraordinary key note speakers confirmed.

Keynote Speakers
[William Gardner]
William Gardner
Jerry S. Rawls Chair in Leadership;
Director of the Institute for Leadership Research – Management
Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University

[Miguel Angel Gallo]
Miguel Ángel Gallo
Professor Emeritus,
IESE Business School

The last day of the conference invites academics to interact with family businesses at the Family Business Day. This is the chance for academics to learn new insights from the field and also bounce off their conceptual ideas in engaging conversations with family business leaders and members.

Submissions can be presented in the following formats:

  *   Full Paper
  *   Work in Progress
  *   Research Dissemination
  *   Extended Abstracts
  *   Family Business Cases

Submissions can be submitted and presented at the Forum in both Spanish or English.

As IFERA partner journal, the Journal of Family Business Strategy will select the best papers for consideration for publication.

Deadline for submissions: September 1st.

To present your proposals, please access the following link where you can find more details and specifications for submission: http://regforum2015.ifera.org/index.php

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.