****Apologies for Cross-Postings, Please Circulate Widely****

1st UNNC CHINA-AFRICA SUMMIT 2015:

Nation-and Institution Building in Africa in the 21st Century: The Role of Chinese Firms

November 6-7, 2015

Shangri-La, Jing An, Shanghai, China

We are pleased to invite you to the 1st UNNC CHINA-AFRICA SUMMIT 2015 (http://www.chinafrica.net).

Interplay between Theory & Practice

Let's take a break from the all-day plenary preaching format with its 20-something minute rhythm and jump out of the conference room. Internationally recognized intellectuals will inter-act with leading global voices on globalization and emerging markets.

The 1st UNNC CHINA-AFRICA SUMMIT 2015 will offer a rich format of rather intimate and exclusive session to address different questions of global concern. We aim to stimulate interaction between participants with shared interests and offer great opportunities for meaningful connections.

The Speakers

Come and learn from famous experts about on-going and future activities of Chinese firms in the African. Our expert team includes:

Who Should Attend?

·         Entrepreneurs and business owners

·         Chief executive officers and general managers

·         Presidents, board members and chairs

·         Business development executives

·         Corporate counsels and legal advisors

·         Government officials and policy makers

·         Professors, scientists, researchers

·         Intergovernmental & non-governmental sector

Academic Track

During the summit we will discuss and invite abstracts to papers which address following major research questions that will guide the 1st UNNC China-Africa Summit:

1.       What are the on-going and future activities of Chinese firms in the African extractive and infrastructure sector, including their social and environmental impact?

2.       What are the conditions and mechanisms for knowledge transfer and capacity building for African host countries institutions to best benefit from China’s massive investment into natural resources and infrastructure in Africa?

3.       How can China’s massive investment in the African extractive and infrastructure sector contribute to the continent’s industrialization and become a catalyst of the nation-and institution building process of African countries?

Research tracks:

1.        Trade and investment

2.        National versus corporate strategy

3.        Project governance and contracting

4.        Sustainable finance

5.        Industrialization

6.        Capacity building, capabilities and knowledge transfer

7.        Environmental governance

8.        Social impact, stakeholder engagement and conflict resolution

9.        China-Africa relations and resource diplomacy

For the submission and further information on papers please see:  http://www.chinafrica.net/call-for-proposals/

Dates and Deadlines

·         Submission open:                July 1, 2015

·         Submission deadline:         October 1, 2015

·         Notice of acceptance:          October 8, 2015

·         Conference:                          November 6-7, 2015

Registration Fee

Track size is limited, so enrol today! For additional information and online registration please our website at: http://www.chinafrica.net !

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Shanghai.

Kind regards,

Ulf Richter

Dr. Ulf Henning Richter

Assistant Professor of Strategy

Nottingham University Business School China

Office: AB 356

199 Taikang East Road

Ningbo, Zhejiang, China 315100

Tel:    +86 574 88186342