The Return to Europe: A Generation of Re-inventing National Identities - See more at:
Manuscripts therefore should focus on management themes on:
- The state of management education in post-Communism with an emphasis on the growth of this discipline within educational, particularly state-sponsored, institutions;
- Collectivism versus individualism, public versus private – the transformation in decision-making and strategy formulation in which approaches, methods, tools and techniques have evolved over this period;
- The challenges and outcomes presented by generational gaps in management wherein members of an organisation comprise both employees with State Socialism imprint and those espousing the newly emerging free-market
- The influence of the former State Socialist regimes on individuals and organisations operating in a radically different institutional settings (dominant neo-liberal arrangements after the decades of State
- The transformation of management functions and their subsequent impact on performance;
- Managerial styles and practice: ‘the west is best’, ‘homemade’, or a ‘mix of both’? The challenges of reaching a workable consensus to the benefit of all is central to this discussion;
- Lessons learnt. A review of the various plans and strategies that encompassed the transition and in turn substantiate the accomplishments and document the reasons why some programmes failed;
- The role and importance of cross-cultural management in a global business and working environment – the challenges and encounters over the years and their subsequent impact on national management praxis.
Candidates are also sought as reviewers and Editorial Advisory Board members. For further information please contact the editor at:
[log in to unmask]
Richard BRUNET-THORNTON, FRSA, MIM, MBA, PhD
Odborný asistent CSc. / Ph.D.
(Department of Management)
Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze
University of Economics, Prague
École des Hautes Études commerciales de Prague
náměstí Winstona Churchilla 4
130 67 Praha 3
Česká republika -
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.