CALL FOR AIB INSIGHTS ARTICLES FOR CONSIDERATION: RETURNING FROM OFFSHORE -- MANUSCRIPTS DUE 1 OCTOBER 2015 TO [log in to unmask]

Reading manuscripts and media commentary indicating a turnaround in offshoring due to failures in expected cost savings, I see, for example:
·        …“the role of institutional weaknesses in the host country (China), and the trade-offs that result from alternative governance arrangements for offshored activities.”
·        “Why it's cheaper to produce some goods in the US South than China”
o   “In 2004, a good that could be made for a dollar in the US could be manufactured in China for 86.5 cents. One decade later, it would cost 95.6 cents to make in China - not a whole lot of savings.”
·        “Goodbye China, hello NZ: Why manufacturing is coming home”

Daniel Rottig and I are seeking manuscripts for issue 4, volume 2015, of AIB INSIGHTS, on the theme discussed above.
for the editorial policy; citations and references should follow the JIBS specifications.

Romie Frederick Littrell, PhD, FIAIR
Associate Professor of International Business
Editor, AIB Insights;
AUT Business School
Tel. extension 5805, Mail stop B-3