CALL FOR AIBINSIGHTS ARTICLES FOR CONSIDERATION: RETURNING FROM OFFSHORE -- MANUSCRIPTS DUE 1 OCTOBER 2015 TO [log in to unmask]
Readingmanuscripts and media commentary indicating a turnaround in offshoring due tofailures in expected cost savings, I see, for example: ·       …“therole of institutional weaknesses in the host country (China), and the trade-offsthat result from alternative governance arrangements for offshored activities.”·       “Whyit's cheaper to produce some goods in the US South than China”o   “In 2004, a good that could be made for a dollar in the US could bemanufactured in China for 86.5 cents. One decade later, it would cost 95.6cents to make in China - not a whole lot of savings.”·       “Goodbye China, hello NZ:Why manufacturing is coming home”
Daniel Rottig and I are seeking manuscripts for issue 4, volume 2015, of AIB INSIGHTS, on the theme discussed above.
See http://documents.aib.msu.edu/publications/insights/AIB_Insights_Editorial_Policy.pdf
for the editorial policy; citations and references should follow the JIBS specifications.

Romie Frederick Littrell, PhD, FIAIR
Associate Professor of International Business
Editor, AIB Insights;
AUT Business School
Tel. extension 5805, Mail stop B-3

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]