On 07/23/15 09:38, Al Puzzuoli wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to configure my PDC to sync with one of these servers. Curious
> whether there is a best practice around here? I see that MSU has an
> NTP server. Any reason to prefer that one over the others listed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al Puzzuoli
>
> Information Technologist
>
> Michigan State University,
>
> Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East
> Lansing, MI  48824-1033
>
> 517-884-1915
>
> http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

In my tests, the thing that mattered the most was a reliable connection to
the ntp host.   A while ago I had access to someone with a 10MHz atomic
clock (for as little as $150!) which made a great stratum-1 type server,
but the supposed business class DSL connection made it flaky.

I haven't tested ntp.msu.edu but given our path to it, it probably wins.

--STeve Andre'