On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 09:50:25AM +0800, Xuan wrote:

> Oh I'm planning to take the test soon!
>  But I'd rather practice with my own car (and I'm planning to get a car soon).
>  It seems that with a permit I can already own a car under my name, so I
> won't need to wait for the license to buy the car.

You do not need any permit to just OWN the car.
The license is for operating it on the road.

The question is, if you pass your written test, can you
get a plate to take it on the road?    If so, you can
drive it with the learner permit if you have a licensed driver with you.

I don't know if they will issue a license plate or even a temporary one
if you just pass the written test.   I never had to do that.  So, you
can ask them.

////jerry