*VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY*

*School of Business*

*Department of Management*

*Assistant Professor of Management (Organizational Behavior)*

The Department of Management in the School of Business at Virginia
Commonwealth University invites applicants for a full-time tenure track
faculty position in Management August 16, 2016.  The Department offers an
undergraduate major in Management with concentrations in business
administration, entrepreneurship, and international business; an
undergraduate major in Human Resource Management; and a Ph.D. in Business
with a concentration in Management (OBHR).  Management faculty teach in the
undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and Ph.D. programs.  The Department has
15 full-time faculty who are active researchers and engaged teachers.
Management faculty have publications in leading journals including the
Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of
Management, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and
Practice, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Applied Psychology,
Personnel Psychology, and Organizational Research Methods.  Virginia
Commonwealth University enrolls over 31,000 students, with 3,300 enrolled
in the School of Business.  The city of Richmond consistently ranks among
“Best Places to Live and Work in America” in several national publications.

*Qualifications:* Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Management or a closely
related field (e.g., Industrial/Organizational psychology, Human Resource
Management) with research interests in organizational behavior, broadly
defined.  ABD candidates will be considered if the degree will be completed
prior to start date.  Candidates must have teaching experience and be able
to support our teaching needs in one or more of the following areas:
management, organizational behavior, leadership, and teams and be able to
teach in our undergraduate, MBA, and doctoral programs.   Demonstrated
ability to publish in top-tier academic journals and an active research
agenda is required.  Candidates must be eligible for employment in the
United States and indicate their citizenship or visa status.

*Preferred qualifications*: Research area is open: we are interested in
candidates conducting research in all areas of organizational behavior and
management, however, an interest in creativity and innovation is
particularly desirable.  Preference will be given to candidates who can
chair dissertations, supervise doctoral student research, and who are
enthusiastic about teaching in our doctoral program.  We seek candidates
who have good communication skills, demonstrated commitment to excellence
in both teaching and research, and a desire to work collaboratively with
colleagues. Ability to obtain external funding is desirable.  Business
experience is a plus.

*Application Process*: Applicants should submit a cover letter, vita and
the names of three references through the VCU Jobs website at
https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/45400.  Review of applications will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled.  We will be
conducting a limited number of meetings with candidates at the Academy of
Management meetings in Vancouver; candidates interested in meeting in
Vancouver are encouraged to submit information as soon as possible.
Application materials must be submitted through the VCU Jobs website, not
via email.  If you have additional questions about the process, you may
contact Dr. Mike McDaniel: [log in to unmask]

*Virginia Commonwealth University is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.*

*Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.*

Michael A. McDaniel, Ph.D.,
President, International Society of Intelligence Research
<http://www.isironline.org/>
Advisory Board Member: *metaBUS: You’re either omnibus or off the bus
<http://metabus.org>*
Professor, Department of Management,
Virginia Commonwealth University 301 West Main Street, PO Box 844000,
Richmond, VA 23284-4000
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~mamcdani/
voice: 804.827.0209     e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Research Professor, VCU Department of Psychology

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.