FOUNDER: PROF. DR. S.B. MUJUMDAR M.Sc. Ph.D.
(Awarded Padma Bhushan by President of India)
SYMBIOSIS CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION (SCIE)
Constituent of Symbiosis International University
(Established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, by notification No. F.9-12/2001-U3 Government of India)
Accredited by NAAC with “A” grade
Symbiosis was established in 1971, primarily for
the purpose of promoting international understanding through quality
education. Symbiosis International University has largest number of foreign students representation
from 85 different countries. This is one of the few universities which is
accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council
At Symbiosis International University, our every endeavor is to look at ways to promote international understanding through quality education, which is why we have designed a series of unique programs of interest for student and faculty mobility.
faculty program includes the Scholar in Residence program the details mentioned below. We are interested in receiving applications from distinguished faculty for this program.
The Scholar-in-Residence program is an initiative under the Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE). As part of this program Foreign Professors are invited to Symbiosis International University to come and associate themselves with Symbiosis for the purposes of teaching, research projects and developmental program.
The Scholar-in-Residence will be provided with facilities at Symbiosis International University enabling them to follow a predetermined work schedule for mutual benefit of Symbiosis and the Residence Scholar. The Scholar will also be paid honorarium for his involvement at Symbiosis.
He/ She should be an academician with appointment at other overseas University or a Professor of international standing, with a proven academic track record, and a minimum of 5 to 10 years of teaching experience. The scholar should possess strong research abilities and publications of high quality.
The scholar should wish to participate and contribute to the academic life at Symbiosis International University in seven faculties at Symbiosis International University which are Management, Humanities & Social Sciences, Law, IT, Engineering, Health Sciences, and Media & Communication.
The length of stay should be for a minimum of 1-3 months. In exceptional cases a period of one year shall be considered. If the length of stay is of short duration, from 15 days till 1 month, then they will be considered as Visiting Scholars.
Facilities provided at SIU:
Scholars-in-Residence/ Visiting faculty are entitled to
1. University ID card, allowing access to all University staff and student facilities
2. Full use of the University main library and computing facilities
3. Shared office space with an independent desk within the Faculty.
4. Use of the Faculty's or Department’s research facilities.
5. Assistance in finding residential accommodation along with food in the University campus with which the SIR will be associated with, if needed.
They are expected to make their own arrangements regarding visas / work permits, Air- travel, vaccinations and Health insurance. (SIU will provide the invitation letter if need be.)
Scholar is expected to
1. Conduct Guest lectures/workshops/symposia for various institutes under SIU
2. Participation in teaching
3. Curriculum review and design
4. Development and evaluation of research
5. Faculty development program/ faculty Seminar
6. Conducting special courses/expert workshops
7. Developing grant projects
8. Consulting and counselling
9. Conceptualizing, contributing and editing research journals/peer reviewing journals
10. Making expertise available to institutes of Symbiosis.
11. Joint research with SIU Faculty
12. Developing case studies
The remuneration will be decided after consultation with the authorities at Symbiosis International University.
Scholars are invited to submit their applications electronically. Please include the following:
1. Letter of interest specifying:
a. The intended purpose of visit.
b. Research plans/ schedule
c. Expected outcome of visit.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Supporting Materials (If any)
Our website: http://siu.edu.in/HTML_SIU/index.php
Please write to us at : [log in to unmask]