Dear IB/IM Teachers:

If you're teaching International Business, Marketing, Cross-Cultural Management, or related courses and want to add an experiential component to your course, the X-Culture is accepting applications for 2015-2 semester (August-October and October-November tracks).

X-Culture is a partnership of IB professors from around the world.

Over 3,000 MBA/EMBA/Undergraduate students from 100 universities in 40 on 6 continents participate in X-Culture in a given semester (over 20,000 took part in X-Culture so far).

The students are put in Global Virtual Teams of about 7 (each from a different country) and the teams work for a semester on real-life IB challenges presented by real-life companies, thereby experiencing first-hand the challenges and learning best practices of international teamwork, as well as gaining valuable international business consulting experience.

The best students are then invited to X-Culture Symposium (last few hosted by Mercedes-Benz, Home Depot, Louis Vuitton).

Here is how it works: www.x-culture.org

Here is why you as a professor want to add it to your course: www.x-culture.org/for_instructors.html

X-Culture is also an excellent research platform. We collect longitudinal multi-source multi-level data on GVTs (over 2,000 variables total), so if you’re interested in research on groups, we have the biggest and deepest dataset in the world.

More about X-Culture:

BizEd:    http://www.e-digitaleditions.com/i/406930/34

AIB Insights: http://tinyurl.com/kwumxzc

But does it work? Evidence in AMLE: http://amle.aom.org/content/12/3/414.short

The application process is competitive. We limit it to 100 instructors/universities in a given semester. Instructors teaching outside the U.S. (over-representation) and research-active academics are especially encouraged to apply.

Divisions:

- Undergraduate

- MBA and other Master’s

- EMBA

Early track tentative dates: Aug 20 - Oct 15, 2015

Application deadline: Aug 10, 2015

Late track tentative dates: Oct 1 - Nov 25

Application deadline: Sep 20, 2015

APPLY HERE: https://uncg.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a4CxtDdoWK5DvaQ

Dr. Vas Taras

Dean and Tracy Priddy Dean’s Notable Scholar

X-Culture Project Director

Associate Editor of the International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management

Department of Management

Bryan School of Business and Economics

University of North Carolina at Greensboro

349 Bryan

POB 26165, Greensboro, NC 27402-6165

336-256-8611

www.X-Culture.org