Dear Professors,

Management and Organization Review(MOR) is official journal of the
IACMR. It started publication from 2005 and it is already
ISI-listed with an international reach. MOR SSCI Impact Factor
in 2013 was 3.227 which ranked 14 out of 172 journals. MOR is
now a world-leading journal. The March 2015 issue (Volume 11, Issue 1) is
now available for free download as promotion. (http://www.iacmr.org/v2en/Detail.asp?id=522 )

We hope you will enjoy reading this issue¡¯s
interesting articles!

 -The MOR Editorial
Team

Table of Content is as below:

1.
  Prize or Price? Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment and
Sales Performance in the Chinese Private Sector

Zhiyu Cui, Xiaoya Liang and Xiongwen Lu

Abstract: Studies on the relationship between corporate social
responsibilities (CSR) and firm performance have mostly looked at large public
firms in developed countries. In this study, we analyze this relationship using
a sample of privately owned firms in China, a developing economy context. We
hypothesize a negative relationship between commitment to CSR and average sales
growth for privately-owned firms operating in weak institutional environments.
Further, we hypothesize that smaller firms will show a stronger negative
relationship than larger firms. CEO survey data from a sample of 630 Chinese
private firms confirm the moderating role of firm size. However, the results
are not entirely as expected. The negative relationship is observed in small
firms (100 or fewer employees), but the relationship is positive for large
firms (greater than 1000 employees), consistent with the literature. We discuss
implications for public policy and future research.

private firms, corporate social responsibility, firm size, sales growth

2.
  Meanings and Dimensions of Organizational Justice in China: An
Inductive Investigation

Chun Guo and Jane K. Giacobbe-Miller

Abstract: Taking
an inductive approach followed by validation techniques, we analyzed the meaning
and dimensionality of the organizational justice construct in the People¡¯s Republic
of China (China). By using qualitative and quantitative methods, we found that
organizational justice judgments depend on the specific situation and social
relations involved. The findings revealed similarities with the Western
conceptualization with one importance exception, suggesting both cultural
values and institutional environment shape justice judgments and managerial
practices in China. The article concludes with a discussion of the findings and
implications for management theory, research, and practice.

organizational justice

 3.
  Detrimental Citizenship Behaviour: A Multilevel Framework of
Antecedents and Consequences

Jason R. Pierce and Herman Aguinis

Abstract: There
is regular and explicit media coverage of employee behaviour intended to
advance organizational goals, but that harms stakeholder interests in ways that
exceed necessity and reason. Although several constructs such as workplace
deviance, organizational misbehaviour, corporate crime and corruption, and
unethical pro-organizational behaviour have been advanced to account for this
type of behaviour, no comprehensive framework exists that also includes the
full scope of its important consequences. Accordingly, we propose the umbrella
construct of detrimental citizenship behaviour (DCB) that allows us to
integrate and build upon previous related conceptualizations that have
developed mostly in parallel bodies of research. We rely on ethical
decision-making, creativity, and instrumental stakeholder theories to embed the
umbrella DCB construct with a multi-level and longitudinal model. The DCB model
includes processes through which such behaviour and its consequences unfold
over time for organizational members, organizations, and society at large. The
proposed framework describes, explains, and predicts DCB and also leads to
suggestions for future research. In addition, we offer suggestions regarding
how to manage this highly consequential type of organizational behaviour,
thereby engaging in a much-needed science-practice dialogue in management and
organization studies.

ethics, citizenship behaviour, ethics, pro-organizational behaviour,
stakeholder theory

4.
  An Integrated Model of Justice and Ethical Climates and the
Influence of Cultural Diversity

Robert Macklin, Angela Martin and Karin
Mathison

Abstract: The
business ethics literature has paid little attention to the similarities,
differences, and interactions between ¡®justice climate¡¯ and ¡®ethical work
climate¡¯, two key perspectives on the moral dimension of organizations that
are related to cultural diversity. In this conceptual paper we argue that the
integrative studies of justice and ethical work climates could contribute
significantly to our understanding of the moral dimensions of organizations. We
propose a model showing that an organization¡¯s moral climate can
perform both normative and evaluative functions. With the globalization of
business and increasing diversification of the labour force, cross-cultural
differences regarding organizational perceptions and behaviours are
increasingly salient. Hence, we also explore the influence of cultural
diversity in our integrated model with the Chines business context as a
specific example. We conclude by discussing directions for further research on
the relationship between cultural diversity and moral climate in organizations.

ethics, Chinese business ethics, cultural diversity, ethical work climate,
justice climate, organizational justice

5.
  Trust and Deception in Negotiation: Culturally Divergent Effects

Jian-Dong Zhang, Leigh Anne Liu, and Wu Liu

Abstract: We investigate how trust reduces the tendency to use deception in
negotiations from a culturally contextual perspective. We find culturally
divergent patterns across Chinese and American negotiators. Specifically, for
Chinese negotiators, cognition-based trust decreases the approval of using
negative emotional and informational deception, whereas affect-based trust
increases the approval of using information deception. For American
negotiators, affect-based trust decreases the approval of using negative
emotional deception. We discuss theoretical and practical implications on the
need for culturally specific strategies in managing deceptions in negotiations.

management, deception, ethical decision making, ethics, negotiation, trust

6.
  Hiring of Personal Ties: A Cultural Consensus Analysis of China
and the United States

Xiao-xiao Liu, Joshua Keller and Ying-yi
Hong

Abstract: Although employees react negatively when employers hire individuals
with whom the employers have personal ties, the practice is prevalent
worldwide. One factor contributing to the discrepancy between reactions to the
practice may be differences in cultural beliefs and institutions regarding
perceptions about hiring decisions. To examine cross-national differences in
perceptions about hiring personal ties, we conducted a consensus analysis on
the perceived fairness, profitability, and overall evaluation of hiring
decision in China and the United States. We find cross-national differences in
consensus levels as to whether people believe it is fair or unfair to hire
moderately qualified candidates with employer ties (kinships or close friends
with the employer) and whether people positively or negatively evaluate the
hiring of unqualified candidates with stakeholder ties (ties to business
associates or governments officials). We also find contrasting areas of
consensus about whether hiring unqualified candidates with stakeholder ties is
profitable. Implications for research on cultural comparisons of perceptions of
hiring practices and guanxi are discussed.