Hi everyone,

I’m working on a new image of Windows 8.1 X64. Initially, I installed Office 2010; but later, decided that I wanted to use Office 2013 instead. I uninstalled  Office 2010 via Programs and features and installed 2013; However, when I check for updates, Windows insists on offering updates for 2010 even though it no longer exists on the system. How can I prevent this from happening? I have tried insuring that all files and folders related to 2010 have been removed. I removed the entry for Office 2010 from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (odd that this was even still there after an apparently successful uninstall using Programs and features?) I also removed the SoftwareDistribution folder and let the update service rebuild it. However, updates for Office 2010 still keep appearing. I could simply hide the 2010  updates which are currently being offered, but I fear that  new ones will show up as soon as they become available and confuse my users.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu