Bluestem Farm is a year-round organic farm. We offer winter and summer build-your-own CSA shares, grow certified organic vegetables, practice managed intensive rotational grazing with chickens and pigs, put on engaging community programs, and support food outreach initiatives.

We are looking for an extraordinary person to join us on our farm as a seasonal, full-time worker.

With 80 acres of gardens, woods, and pastures, Bluestem Farm’s focus is our CSA program. Market sales and wholesale clients, as well as a new line of value-added products, are also growing aspects of our business.

Known for its natural beauty and recreational opportunities, this part of northern Michigan is a regional tourist destination. We are situated in the countryside among rolling hills, woods, and fields, within driving distance of a number of picturesque towns. Great spots for hiking, fishing, biking, boating, and swimming surround us.

Ideal qualifications
  • Significant experience in organic vegetable production
  • Consistently strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
  • Very consistent positive attitude
  • Serious intentions to start a farm one day
  • A love of working hard outdoors despite physical demands and all kinds of weather
  • Ease with being around our two small children. We would never ask you to watch them, but they are often around during working hours
Hours & Compensation
  • Pay is based on experience
  • Hours will range from 40 to 45 hours per week
  • Housing and food package, including organic produce & pasture-raised proteins, are negotiable
  • An educational stipend of $35 per month
To apply, email Mary at [log in to unmask] with your resume. More about Bluestem Farm at www.bluestemfarm.net

Bluestem Farm | 4218 M-32 (at Adams) outside East Jordan, MI | 231-459-8968 c | An organic farm with year-round build your own CSA shares, community events & food outreach programs. www.bluestemfarm.net | Read about us in edible

Bluestem on Facebook  Farm Recipe Newsletters  Bluestem on Pinterest  Bluestem FarmCam
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html