I don't think you need to do this on purpose to prove things. There are too
many such fraud transactions and the bank deals with this everyday. The
most safe way to tell the bank to stop this card since the information
about the card is leaked. From the initial post (lz), the transaction was
identified as unauthorized so it means that the bank or organizations like
visa/mastercard/discover already found that transaction suspicious.

Also there are too many factors that lead to fraud transactions, reporting
to police from card holders won't help much. Reporting to the card issuer
will surely help and they would probably report to police,  and then
investigation can be conducted not just for a single case.