*** Sorry for any cross-posting! ***
9th International Research Workshop "Methods for PhD" near Flensburg, September 27 – October 2, 2015
Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts.
Our workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews or surveys and
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
The regular workshop fee is 439 Euro. It covers the participation in three courses, meals and accommodation. The workshop fee is 279 Euro without accommodation (only meals are included).
It is possible to get a certificate on 5 credit points (according to the European Credit Transfer System).
The following courses will be offered:
Parallel courses offered Monday and Tuesday morning (September 28/29):
Parallel courses offered Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday (September 29/30):
Parallel courses at the SDU (October 1):
PLEASE note that the number of participants is limited to about 20 persons per course!
For further information, especially lecturers, program, organizers and registration visit our website
The International Research Workshop is organised by
- Prof. Dr. Wenzel Matiaske, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of Federal Armed Forces and Research Professor at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Simon Fietze, Department of Border Region Studies, University of Southern Denmark, Campus Sønderborg
- Dr. Heiko Stüber, Institute for Employment Research (IAB), The Research Institute of the Federal Employment Agency in Nuremberg
The workshop is supported by
- Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg
- University of Southern Denmark/Department of Border Region Studies
- Institute of Employment Research (IAB) Nuremberg
- Europa-Universität Flensburg
- University of Hamburg, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- University of Hamburg, School of Business
- Leuphana University Lüneburg, Faculty of Economics
- Werkstatt für Personal- und Organisationsforschung e.V.
- German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) at the DIW Berlin
27 September - 2 October 2015
Akademie Sankelmark, Flensburg (Germany)
University of Southern Denmark, Sønderborg (Denmark)
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Institut for Grænseregionsforskning
Alsion 2, A2
Alsion 2 · 6400 Sønderborg · Tlf. 6550 1000 · www.sdu.dk