All:

I wanted to send a reminder of the open call for papers n GEOSPHERE, an online journal published by the Geological Society of America (ISI impact: 2.7). We have already processed our first paper, and we hope to receive many more! The Human Dimensions in Geoscience theme is intended to bring together research that sits at the boundary between geoscience, broadly construed, and social science. I would personally love to see work from many different communities come together in GEOSPHERE to help build connections across different, yet very similar, research fields. Submissions are processed as they arrive, and will be published as soon as they are ready. Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers
Julie

INVITING SUBMISSIONS TO GEOSPHERE THEME: HUMAN DIMENSIONS IN THE GEOSCIENCES

GEOSPHERE - a journal of the Geological Society of America - periodically runs theme-specific issues. These “issues” contain collections of articles devoted to the same topic or region and span multiple issues of the journal. Papers are published in regular Geosphere issues as they are accepted, and then each themed issue appears on a separate web page where all themed-issue papers are grouped. Theme issues remain open for two or more years and submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, allowing authors to submit manuscripts as work is completed rather than to meet a specific deadline.

HUMAN DIMENSIONS IN THE GEOSCIENCES

Guest Editors:

Julie Libarkin, [log in to unmask]
Renee Clary, [log in to unmask]
Suzanne O'Connell, [log in to unmask]

This themed issue will focus on the research that occurs at the interface between geoscience, broadly construed, and social science. Political science, education, history, philosophy, communication, information science, diversity studies, and similar fields can help illuminate some of the most vexing issues facing the geosciences. Best practices for communicating climate science, for example, emerge when deep understanding of geoscience intersects graphic design. Similarly, the solutions to the immediate and future need to train more geoscience students may lie in lessons already learned by diversity and access scholars. This special issue will provide a venue for researchers investigating human dimensions in geoscience to share research findings with each other and the broader geoscience community. We encourage submission of high quality research that sits at the interface between geoscience and social science, including science communication, science policy, history and philosophy of science, learning in formal and informal settings, diversity in science, and similar fields.

To submit a paper for this issue, go to www.editorialmanager.com/geosphere/ and be sure to note in your cover letter that this submission is for the “Human Dimensions in Geoscience” themed issue. This special issue will remain open for two years and submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.